Here are just some of the forms I use to gather and track the data I collect.

Family Group Sheet: This form lays out a family and their relationships. It includes all the data necessary to update and build your family tree. Use one form per family unit. (Downloadable form coming as soon as I can.)

  • FGS Instructions (READ FIRST)
    Please read this document first. It will explain how to fill in the FGS.
  • FGS in Excel format
    To use this format, simply copy the master to a new sheet, rename that sheet and fill it in. The form is designed so that the only thing you can do is to fill in the blanks, this way you don't have to worry about reformatting something accidently.
  • FGS in PDF format
    Simply print out this form and fill it in!

Research Forms: These are form that I use in order to track the research that I am working on

  • US Source Checklist
    This is a form that you can use to help you track where you have researched.
  • SF180 - Military Records Request
    This is the form you will need to fill out and mail in to the appropriate address (listed on the form) to obtain a service members military records. It is a "form fill" document, so all you have to do is fill in the blanks on your computer and print it. There are certain restrictions as to whom can obtain these records, so please read the instructions.